From a very early age I have always been interested in the human mind, how people think, behave and perceive the world. I have an older brother who is Autistic and as a consequence I learned never to underestimate the importance of psychological, mental and emotional health and the impact that problems can have on our well-being.
After an early career in business, I retrained as a counsellor and now consider myself to be very privileged doing a job I truly believe can make a difference to people’s lives.
- Accredited and Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy MBACP (Accred)
- Higher Diploma in Counselling Practice -Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Practice – Humanistic Theory
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificates in:
– Understanding Stress & Anxiety
– Effective Brief Psychotherapy
– How to Lift Self-Esteem
– Anger Management
– Understanding Eating Disorders
– Supporting Victims of Rape & Sexual Abuse
– Bereavement Counselling
– Child Protection
– Health & Well-being in Education
– Counselling the Young
– Listening & Speaking with Children & Young People
– Depression in Teens
– Support Work in Schools
– Legal Issues Relating to Therapeutic Work with Children & Young People
- Advanced DBS (formerly CRB) certificate
- Full insurance
I have worked as a counsellor for over 12 years, independently in private practice, in schools, counselling both children and staff, for charities, including children’s charities and also Victim Support counselling victims of crime.
I also run workshops and train others, including the mentoring and supervision of other counsellors.
I have experience of working with a wide range of problems such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, stress and trauma. Please see Types of Issues for a full list.